Posted to alt.home.repair
tony944 tony944 is offline

Default Heat leakage from my furnace

"Kevin M" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have an unorthox HVAC setup due to living in an old converted loft
building. I was doing some maintenance on my Armstrong Ultra SX80 and
after turning it back on I noticed that there was heat gushing from a gap
in a panel attached to the furnace. I have attached a picture of my setup
with some notations of what everything is ... the red X circle indicates
where the heat is leaking from (the gap where the AC condensation leak
tube comes out). I'm wondering if I can insulate this somehow to keep as
much heat feeding to the ducts as possible or if this venting is there for
a reason?

http://imgur.com/EUp6YyN

I am not HVAC person but it seems to me that this is half ass setup
You are showing Air Handler on side which should be in Vertical position.
"EXPLAIN"