Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Call blockers

On 1/7/2016 12:28 PM, Shade Tree Guy wrote:
On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 8:48:44 AM UTC-8, KenK wrote:
I got a Pro Call Blocker and found it lacking. Very poor instructions.
Erased contacts without my telling it to. Wouldn't pass calls to telephone
system when in series. Many other problems. I sent it back today.

Any suggestions for a better one?

I may be wong but I'm afraid these gadgets may not be as helpful as we
would hope. I would think the computer programs telemarketers use would
change their fake caller id if a call was blocked until it goes through. I
would think life would be much better if the No Call List was enforced and
phone companies protected against fake caller ids and perhaps blocked ids.

What do you think?

TIA

If the FCC would start to fine the phone networks for every call when these f**kin a**holes use their "service", they'd find a way to cut them off tomorrow

I've been saying that for years. The government and phone company have
to know where these calls are coming from and how to stop them. Their
do not call lists are a joke.

Worse thing for me are the junk faxes because it costs me paper and ink.

Otherwise I don't answer my land line that has the fax and use caller id
on ViOP phone and answering machine to deal with others.