Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default How long does it take a locksmith to open a van with keyslocked inside?

On Thu, 07 Jan 2016 09:33:27 +0000, Mike Lander wrote:

But makes the point that Apple claims a profit that sees them owe just
0.7% of revenue in income tax.

Exactly.

There is only one way to do that in that situation, lie through their
teeth about their costs.

No. Unless, of course, you think every business that makes a loss is
fraudulent?

Once again, you DO NOT PAY TAX ON REVENUE. They are totally unrelated
numbers.

Like hell they are. The profit they pay tax on is the revenue less the
deductible costs of doing business.

You've never, ever run a business, have you?

Apple doesn't make a loss on it's operations in Australia and is in fact
one of the most profitable operations in the entire world.

And they paid AU$80m tax on AU$170m profit.

Once again, I ask you - you are either wilfully misrepresenting reality,
or you are utterly ****ing clueless. Which is it?

OK, so let's try a different tack.
What is the Australian corporation tax rate, as a percentage of revenue?
I think it's a flat 30% of _profit_, but you seem determined to view it
as a percentage of revenue, so I'm sure you can come up with that
calculation.