Posted to rec.woodworking
OFWW[_2_] OFWW[_2_] is offline

Default Tongue n Groove bits

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 15:59:50 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 1/6/2016 2:59 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/6/2016 1:58 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/6/2016 12:29 PM, Swingman wrote:

As long as the depth of the dado/groove is consistent from one end to
the other, whether the bottom is pretty or not is irrelevant.

Even with good equipment/tools, probably the biggest problem you'll face
with dadoes in cabinet parts is the above mentioned inconsistent depth,
usually the result of bowed material when insufficient, downward
pressure is exerted as the material passes over the blade.

Again, your overriding concern is a consistent depth of the dado/groove
throughout it length.

If I may offer something to watch for when cutting grooves/dado's.
Especially with longer stock but just as important with any stock
inspect your groves/dado's to insure that you cut full depth the entire
length of the cut.

Damn! I knew I should have mentioned that five times, instead of just four!

Asshole! LOL

I was just skimming and did not notice if you had preciously mentioned
it. I was pretty much restating what you just said but felt a second
voice adding emphasis on the procedure might stick better. ;~)

It did and it does add reinforcement. Thanks!