Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Gasoline prices have come down, but not motor oil prices.

On 01/06/2016 4:30 PM, Charles Bishop wrote:

Your gasoline prices may have come down, but here in CA, USA, prices are
up about 30 cents on a gallon, to $3+/ gallon.

I don't know why this should be with crude down. The US has just started
shipping crude oil (of a particular type) outside the US where they
couldn't before, so a conspiracy theorist might make something of this.

CA has its own problems though since we're isolated from the national
market for part of the year.

Mostly by your own volition...changing blends mandated by CARB is the
primary reason for the spikes each season as the refiners have to make
the changeover; that takes 'em offline for a while. Higher actual
prices is a lot based on local taxes being higher than national averages
with some effect for it's just a higher COOL location and transportation.