Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Slightly OT Tire Pressure

On Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 9:25:47 AM UTC-5, wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote: "You keeps your tires 2 lbs above *what*? The PSI
on the tire? The PSI on the pillar? Is the PSI on
the pillar 2 lbs above the PSI on the tire? Something "

Obviously the PSI on the b-pillar. What the car
builder recommends. In my case, my tires
have "cold pressure max 44psi" stamped on
them. My car's door pillar says 30psi cold.
I keep them between 32-34psi.

is that better?

Yes, it's much better than as originally written.
Thank you. It does, however, raise another question.

You (rhetorically) asked:

"Who knows more about how a specific model car
will be driven - the tire co. or the car co.?!"

I assume the (non-rhetorical) answer is "the car co.?!"

So, why do you increase the pressure to 2 lbs above
"the car co.?!" recommendation? In other words, how do
*your* driving habits differ from how "the car co.?!"
thinks that "specific model car" will be driven, such
that you feel the need for 2 lb increase?