Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Paper bag handles..

| Someone complained at the grocery store that
| the handles fail on the paper grocery bags so
| they no longer use them. HUH? I've handled
| several hundred of these bags with no problems

I find they break often. It's not just that they
rip. They just come right off of the bag. They're
not glued on properly. I always repack into
a double bag if the bagger doesn't do it. I
think the problem is connected with recycling.
The paper used is very low rag content, mostly
recycled, and has very little shear strength.
There's also very little glue used. (To help with
recycling? I don't know.)