Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Torque required to break screws - typical values anywhere?

On 06/01/2016 18:02, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jan 2016 17:34:10 -0000, wrote:

On Friday, 29 October 2004 16:47:50 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,

Yup. I often use my mains drill for screwdriving and it's got much more
torque than most cordless ones and no clutch.
A screw breaking is a rare event - they usually 'cam out' first with
Pozidriv

When I used to do that I snapped a fair few. They were mostly 32mm
screwfix black plasterboard screws with Philips no2 heads.

All drills I've ever seen have an "accelerator pedal". Does your 2.5
litre car always go 150mph without control? You don't pull the lever
all the way in when screwing!

Is that what she said last night? ;-)

--
Bod