Posted to rec.woodworking
OFWW[_2_] OFWW[_2_] is offline

Default life of a tree revealed in the rings

On Wed, 06 Jan 2016 06:39:11 -0800, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

OFWW wrote in news

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 18:17:20 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 1/5/2016 6:15 PM, OFWW wrote:
On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 09:00:09 -0800, Electric Comet
wrote:

interesting shot showing the fires during the life of the tree

http://media.eurekalert.org/multimed.../20963_web.jpg

Did you know that tree rings do not show years, but show rainy
seasons?

I always understood rings represent years, size of rings represent the
climate for that year. Do you have a reference by any chance?

I'll have to look for it, The reason it stuck in my mind was that
those people looking for the ark could tell by lumber with the lack of
rings in it.

Are ~those people~ the same ones who believe our square
planet is only 6000 years old and the baby Jesus put all
those dinosaur fossils here ~just to test our faith~ ?

No, and this is not the place for that type of discussion.