Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Slightly OT Tire Pressure

On 1/6/2016 7:57 AM, wrote:
Part of the problem is a lot those TPMS were
calibrated to come on just below the max cold
pressure on the OEM TIRES, not below what
was on the B-pillar auto mfg sticker, which is where
I keep my tires about 2lbs psi above.

Of course, in this enlightened age second decade
of the new millennium, you'd think both mfgs and
mechanics would know better, but no. Now I have
ASE Certified technicians telling me, on newsgroups
like this, and in person, to go by the cold inflation
pressure on the basketba- I mean - TIRES. That
the B-pillar door sticker pressures are "too low".
Who knows more about how a specific model car
will be driven - the tire co. or the car co.?!

Needless to say I never let any tech or mechanic
TOUCH my tire pressures, or my wife's except when
having new tires put on.

Reminds me, years ago, took my new car on a 1,000 mile trip and checked
tires a while later. They were set 10 lb above recommendation.
I questioned dealer about that and was told that they were set high at
factory for long ship ride and keeping in lots until sold to assure
pressure would not need to be increased. That was before TPMS.