Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Slightly OT Tire Pressure

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
What's more annoying is when the sensor fails and it costs over $100 to
fix it at the dealer. Happened on my wife's Subaru and even though I set
pressure on all the tires a few pounds higher, would not stop.

Another example of dumbing down America by requiring these sensors.

I am just glad the state inspection does not require them to work. I have a
2008 car with about 25,ooo on it and a 2007 truck with about 55,000 on it
and both have a bad sensor in atleast 1 tire. Probably a dead battery in
them. A tire place told me they would be about $ 60 for each tire. I am not
about to spend around $ 500 or more just for some stupid sensors if I don't
have to.

That is similar to a car I had years ago . A milage counter came on around
50,000 that was to replace a sensor that later was determined not to need
replacing at 50,000. The factory fix was to cut a wire that turned the
light on.