Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Paper bag handles..

On Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 9:39:23 PM UTC-5, Phil Kangas wrote:
Someone complained at the grocery store that
the handles fail on the paper grocery bags so
they no longer use them. HUH? I've handled
several hundred of these bags with no problems

Now that I have had time to think about this I
have a theory about what is happening. When
the handles are first gripped they should be allowed
to shift slightly to center the load on all four
anchor points. If the handles are grabbed slightly
off center one of the handle ends will be unloaded
and the other end overloaded causing the handle
to fail. It comes naturally to me to find the center
and I don't have trouble with failures but others
apparently do not understand this and then bitch.
phil k.

Thank you for that scientific analysis, Dr. Phil.