Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Dryer Problem-Won't Start

On 1/5/2016 7:37 PM, Charles Bishop wrote:
In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Bad (open) thermal cutout on the drum or the exhaust?

Possible, I don't know enough. But, would those explain the "buzzer" I
hear when I push start? Does Kenmore (Whirlpool) have that kind of
"warning"?

I tried calling a troubleshooting Kenmore line, but they want you to
have a warranty to talk to you. Also, they want you to buy a part and
try it to see if that fixes it, and if not, buy another part.

Tomorrow, I'll try to see if I can tell where the buzzer is coming from.
If it's a signal buzzer that will tell me one thing, if it's coming from
a part, that's something else.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry about the lack of help from Kenmore. They
respond well to large doses of cash money, I'd guess.

What you describe as a buzzer is probably a solenoid.
My guess is a cut out, and the power isn't going to
the motor.

--
..
Christopher A. Young