John Rumm

Default How much light for a garage?

N. Thornton wrote:

Fl lights last so long that the tubes need to be cleaned occasionally,
or the light output falls a lot. Stay well away from 'cool white'
tubes.

Something else I forgot mention - it is well worth going for a fitting
that has a nice tight fitting diffuser. Not only will this make the
light nicer to work in, and keep the dust of the tubes, but more
importantly it has saved a tube on a number of occasions when I have
been rotating a large bit of stock and forgot that it was longer than
the height of the lights!

--
Cheers,

John.