John Rumm

Default How much light for a garage?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The flicker rate is double mains freq - 100hz. Long persistence
phosphors help a lot. The ones I put in today are not bad at all.
However, I would still not use em arond totating machinery.

IMBW but I was under the impression that modern fl lights had high
frequency ballasts to eliminate this problem? I must admit to never
having observed the effect myself in my workshop which is all fl
lighting and I am usually very sensitive to flicker (find 50Hz TV quite
objectionable for example).

Then again I can usually tell when a tool is running due to the noise!

--
Cheers,

John.