Gobzo

Default Wanted schematics for GE television model 31GT660 or repair help

David:

From my experience, our local repair shops (Toronto, Canada) kill 99%
of equipment and charge 4-5 times more than actual cost of parts an
labor. I saw terrible examples of those 'professional' repairs... And
they always denied warranty claims based on 'shock during
transportation' or similar reasons.
You'll probably say those were not professionals, but how would I tell
who was and who was not? They all advertise themselves as 'world's best
experts in electronics repairs' and there was no way to tell one from
another until they ruined your device...
I am experienced with repairs to low voltage equipment, eg VCRs etc. and
will better try to fix this TV rather than let one of those pros to ruin
it. It's dead any way and was given to me for free. Not a big loss for a
chance to have a free 32" television.

Thanks,
Gobzo

David wrote:
Go to www.repairfaq.org and follow all the information regarding the
ctc177/ctc187 series of chassis problems. Especially the tuner ground issue
and horizontal driver transformer pin contamination.

This is NOT a repair for a DIY. The chance of success for someone who has
not been trained on this chassis and lots of experience in repairing the
problems is extremely small. To make matters worse, I can honestly say that
9 out of 10 people who attempt repairs in these who are not technicians,
wind up causing more damage that costs more money to have repaired. Not so
long ago there were three postings of people who messed up repair attempts
that resulted in them throwing away the tv set.

Read ALL the information in the FAQ, if you are not sure exactly what you
are doing and have the proper equipment for the job, do yourself a favor and
take it into a reputable servicer.

David

Gobzo wrote in message news:3fa8400d$1_2@aeinews....

David:

Thanks for your response. I am not a technician and was not aware that
this was a required piece of information. The chassis number of this one
is CTC187CN3.

Appreciate your help
Gobzo

David wrote:

How about the all important Chassis number so one does not have to try

and

look it up.

At least when asking for help do some of the leg work before posting

please.

David