Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How long does it take a locksmith to open a van with keys locked inside?

"MM" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 06:54:33 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

MM wrote
soup wrote
MM wrote

How on earth is Amazon ripping off Britain? They adhere to the tax
laws to the letter. If the tax laws are constructed in such a way that
legal loopholes are created, then I would recommend anyone to use
them.

I never stated nor implied that what they were doing was in
anyway illegal. Immoral (in my opinion yes) but not illegal.

You can't be convicted of that! In my opinion, giving extra to the
revenue is immoral.

More fool you.

Despite what Lord Clyde says to avoid tax to that extent is immoral.

I agree that taking advantage of loopholes has been
going on for years^W as long as laws have existed, but
that does not mean people/companies should do it .

Why on earth not?

Because someone else has to pay what those tax cheats
don't given that govt keeps adjusting the tax system to
raise the revenue that needs to be raised or runs up even
bigger deficits that we all have to pay for when they do.

With multinationals that can shift their costs anywhere
they like, its just not possible to have legislation that
forces them to pay the income tax where the profits
are actually produced.

So what's your solution, then?

There is no solution. If there was, it would have been adopted.

Please tell us so we can pass it on to HMRC, as
they definitely cannot have a clue in your eyes.

There is nothing they can do when operations like Apple
and Starbucks can claim any costs they like on their main
costs to shift their profit to low corporate tax countrys
where they actually do **** all retail business.