Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_6_] John B.[_6_] is offline

Default Dalton Lathes

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 13:54:38 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have had a lathe I found in a scrap yard in Seymour Texas for about 12 years.
It has a broken base and was in need of tepair. I disassembled it and took inventory of what it needed. Cleaned all the parts and put it in the attic.
I just pulled it down to go over again and was trying to find another base.
It appears to be one of the most rare models of the Dalton line.
It is a Lot-2-No 19.
I was planning on using it to neck turn rifle brass. I am using my Summit lathe for this and was hoping to find a more size appropriate lathe for it.
It's a neat looking little unit.
Just seems to be very very rare and it looks like I should approach with caution.

You may know this but there is a Dalton Lathe group at
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/daltonlathes/info
It is a restricted group that seems fairly active with 33 messages in
the past week.
--
cheers,

John B.