Posted to alt.home.repair

Default American English is not up to scratch

On 1/4/2016 6:39 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 5:26:22 AM UTC-6, Micky wrote:
Whoever counts the posts he Could you count the metaphors too and
let us know?

Could it be that we are having to talk to people around the world who are not native English speakers and the metaphors are lost on them so we must cull the language of difficult to understand metaphors to produce a standard English? Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle English Monster

I used to get letters asking for #26 donation to the cause,
to campaign Congress to make English the official language
of the USA. I'd typically write back what a ruddy good
sight. Whilst I was taking the tyke out in the lorry from
my flat to the ironmonger to pick up a flex (the torch in
my flat went out, right by the telly). The tyke needed a
new nappy, so we stopped at Macky Dee for some bangors and
mash whilst pushing tyke in the pram.

I've not had one of those letters in ages. Wonder why?

Cheerio!

--
..
Christopher A. Young