Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default How long does it take a locksmith to open a van with keys locked inside?

On Sun, 03 Jan 2016 19:04:02 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , soup
wrote:

On 03/01/2016 08:14, MM wrote:

How on earth is Amazon ripping off Britain? They adhere to the tax
laws to the letter. If the tax laws are constructed in such a way that
legal loopholes are created, then I would recommend anyone to use
them.

I never stated nor implied that what they were doing was in anyway
illegal. Immoral (in my opinion yes) but not illegal.
Despite what Lord Clyde says to avoid tax to that extent is immoral.

I agree that taking advantage of loopholes has been going on for
years^W as long as laws have existed, but that does not mean
people/companies should do it .

This is cock, I'm afraid. What you're saying is, that when the company
submits its tax return, and the Revenue is happy with it, they should
pay more anyway. To whom, then? Which country? And how much? And who
decides how much?

Since the answers to these questions are entirely arbitrary (within
some limits), it's stupid to make vague assertions like you do.

And yet Margaret Hodge, always on Amazon's back, makes such assertions
*all* the time. Starbucks was eventually brought to the position that
they were practically forced to *donate* tax!

MM