Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default If you dont have a 2016 Calendar

On 1/3/2016 11:17 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 01/03/2016 11:20 AM, Don Y wrote:

[snip]

I wonder if the early "celestial mechanics" (galileo, newton,
kepler, copernicus, etc) would have ABANDONED their ideas had
they known EXACTLY how weird it all ACTUALLY is??

An "intelligent designer" could have made it a lot less weird.

What???! And do away with faith in the totally ridiculous??

Take all the fun out of PLANTING fossil evidence to make us THINK
the planet was a lot older than it REALLY is?
"Heh heh heh... I'll really confuse those 'scientists'! Make
some castings of a couple of weird critters and scatter the
parts deep in the soil. And, while I'm at it, I'll make these
other critters that look a helluvalot like Man -- just to get
the heretics thinking about weird stuff... hmmm... yes, I'll
use the ancient Aramaic word for 'heretic' and call these
other critters 'apes'..."

Introducing: Jesus (TM Reg), dino-rider! Collect all 7 action figures
and trade them with your friends! (Batteries not included. Act now
and we'll send you a SECOND set absolutely FREE -- just pay separate
shipping and handling...)

How about a year
that lasts exactly 364 days (less than 10^-30 seconds variation)?

BTW, 364 is a whole number of weeks too. 13 4-week months. Every week, month, &
year start on the same weekday. Christmas could always be on Friday.

But, that would look so *contrived*! Almost as if it had been
DESIGNED that way!! :-/

And, what's up with naming the days of the week after Roman God-s (plural)??
Ditto with the planets?? Such blasphemy!!

(You'd think the days would be named something special: "I'll meet you next
Mathew at 4:00PM" "We're going to the store on Mary." "NASA is sending
a probe to Joseph" etc.)

But, we need to make sure we put the image of some mish-mosh of chrisitan and
pagan celebrations on our bright red coffee cups lest we not be considered
good christians!

(Everyone knows Jesus came down the chimney on that first XMAS bearing
GIFTS... dispatched from a sleigh pulled by reindeer... made by little
pointy eared GOBLINS...)