Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default New California Driving Laws take effect January 1st, 2016

On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 21:03:28 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/2/2016 7:24 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 14:31:13 -0000 (UTC), Mark Bannon
wrote:

Another new crime!

It's already illegal for car drivers, but if you're on a bicycle,
it's now illegal to use a headset, earplugs or earbuds in both
ears while operating your bicycle.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201520160SB491
It's in there - buried deep down within the wholly unrelated crap.

(11) Existing law prohibits a person operating a motor vehicle or a
bicycle from wearing a headset covering both ears, or from wearing earplugs
in both ears, subject to certain exceptions.

This bill would also prohibit wearing earphones covering, resting on,
or inserted in, both ears. Because a violation of these provisions would
be a crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.

So does this make the use of hearing aids illegal while driving or
bicycling or are they an exemption.

It's all typical stupid big brother gvt assholery.

The government may be stupid, but some cyclists are even stupider.
Riding a bike with loud music in your earbuds is dangerous, but people
do it. Just as dumb, I see people in the dark walking along the roadside
and other riding bikes in the dark with no reflectors or lights.

Most of them. It's so that when I see one with lights, especially a
flashing red light, I'm really impressed.

And the deer too don't do much to keep me from hitting them.