Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default New California Driving Laws take effect January 1st, 2016

On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 15:46:52 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Scott Dorsey:
What else are you going do to? Put them in jail? Believe me, living
in an American jail probably beats living in Tegucigalpa these days.
Until it's actually safe to live in Central America and people are able
to make a living doing honest work there, we're going to continue to have
a problem.

I keep hearing that the net Mexico-USA migration is towards Mexico now.

It certainly was, starting a little after the recession started.

Now that the recession is pretty much over, I would think things
could reverse again, although of course they have to make it into the
country again. No small feat.

If that's correct, are the numbers over-ridden by immigration from
Central America ?

I don't know but I don't think the Central American numbers are as
great as the Mexican.

I've heard that when NAFTA was passed, the North American Free Trade
Act, it cost some/quite a few Americans their manufacturing jobs as
Mexicans did it cheaper, but the corn farms in the midwest with their
enormously efficient farm machinery could raise corn a lot cheaper,
and this stopped 10's of thousands of Mexicans from making a living on
the small farms they owned or worked, and that that's why there was
such a burst of Mexicans entering the US after NAFTA.

Googling, these, written in 2014 and 2012, says that very thing:
http://www.politicalresearch.org/201....Ynu1utVN.dpbs
and
http://www.thenation.com/article/how...eat-migration/