Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Free Equipment Removal and Russian Santa

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 21:13:21 -0500
Ed Huntress wrote:

Is there something wrong with one of these?

http://broadbandnow.com/Michigan/Grand-Rapids

Read Steve W's reply, much the same thing here.

Cable service doesn't quite make it this far. DSL is limited by what
AT&T is offering, which is the ADSL 1.5Mbps. All the DSL providers
are
basically reselling the AT&T service. If you read the small print
you
have to have an AT&T phone to qualify for their plans.

The over-the-air stuff (microwave, whatever), last time I checked
around
a year ago is the same speed and about the same cost as current
ADSL. Of
course this has its own unique set of problems/headaches too.

Only thing faster would be a cellphone data package which has its
own
set of headaches and costs associated with such...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

My cellular Internet service has lower priority than voice calls and
slows or halts during commuting hours. At its best it can't quite keep
up with YouTube. This hilly area also has issues with cellphone and
broadcast TV reception, though not enough to drive me to paying for
cable.

-jsw

I'll trade you, I have cell service as long as I stand by one window in
the house, Go outside and there is a spot inline with that window where
you have service.

--
Steve W.