Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wylfa power station closes

On 02/01/16 16:02, wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 15:55:56 +0000, newshound
wrote:

We shall see. We are still making fuel for them, though. The Magnox fuel
plant was closed some time ago.

Yes we will have some interesting times ahead, mind I may well have
ceased to worry by then.

It's not the fuel but more similar to a sort of fatigue effect which
becomes inevitable after slowing down sufficient neutrons, it's not
possible to renew the core. EDF hope to run them for as long as
possible because there's not a cat in hells chance of replacements
coming on stream in time.

+1.
I am pinning my hopes on bog standard Jap EBWR designs at wylfa, and SMRs.

kind word alone.
Al Capone