Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Free Equipment Removal and Russian Santa

On 2016-01-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 17:49:39 -0600, Ignoramus24626
wrote:

On my website, I advertise "Free Equipment Removal" whereby I remove
obsolete equipment. Usually it is old heavy obsolete metalworking
machinery and infrastructure. Like lathes and pumps and piping and
such.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...ry-removal.mpl

This time, it was something else. A nice younger gentleman called me
and asked if I could remove some food equipment that he had to get rid
of today.

I said sure.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Equipment.jpg

Two hours later I was done.

What that stuff in the above picture, is a new Scotsman ice bag
cabinet, as well as a used "Ole Hickory" natural gas meat smoker. I
kept asking the Russian Santa, called Ded Moroz, for something like
that smoker, for years. Ded Moroz brings presents for the New Year,
so, I think, he finally heard me and got me this on Dec 30.

Nice!

I noticed the knobs are broken off on the smoker controls. Just the
knobs are is the mechanism damaged as well?

I have not even bothered to open the control box. I am sure that
whatever is wrong, can be easily fixed. I know electrics pretty well
and my guy knows gas heating. I will buy the missing knob.

That in an Ole Hickory CTO. Can be used as a wood smoker, oven or
combination to give the meat some smoke then fire the oven to finish
cooking the meat.

Top dial is temperature, next down is the oven temp control and the
bottom is a timer control.

Price - about $4000.00 in that condition...

Oh it will do 36 whole chickens, or 16 small turkeys, or 12 brisket at a
time....

(Local place uses one and I've tended it a few times)

--
Steve W.