Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Can Floetrol be added to polyurethane?

wrote:

What about water based polyurethane?????

I never knew they made it as a water base. Actually, I dont know how
it can be called "polyurethane" if it's water based. I though that
polyurethane means it's in a class of it's own, but closer to an oil
base.

Two kinds of consumer poly:

1. oil base which is a combination of alkyd and polyurethane resins.

2. water base which is a combination of acrylic and polyurethane resins.

The oil base is far superior. The only advantage I can see to the water
base - besides the water clean up - is that it colors the wood very little.