Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Triple spotlight: bulbs blowing in one of the fittings

I'dbe tempted, when everything is cold and settled to move three from one
light to another and put the remainder of the new ones in a second fitting.
What should happen is that the ones from the new batch will all blow in the
other fitting. That would mean its the batch which are faulty, if on the
other hand the problem persists in the original fitting I'd get an exorcist
in asap!

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Bert Coules" wrote in message
Most of my house is lit by ceiling-mounted triple spotlights which use 40W
R50 bulbs. Recently, three bulbs in the same position in one particular
fitting have blown within a short time of being fitted. One lasted about
thirty minutes, one almost three hours, the third survived into the next
day. I've checked as much of the unit as I could without wholesale
disassembly and found nothing obviously wrong.

All three bulbs came from a DIY shed multi-pack. Though it seems
unlikely, is it possible that there was something faulty about a whole
batch of them? Failing that, what else could cause this problem?

Many thanks, and a happy and healthy new year to one and all.