Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Metalized paint

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015, Don Y wrote:

Each "available" network drop is accompanied by a RG6Q drop and CAT3
for telco.

Not having a TV, I have been weak in running coax. A few key places have
it. Not all is QuadShield. Some that isn't I plan to replace with
QuadShield.

Most drops have two Ethernet.

Many rooms have two drops. None have more.

[Foolishly ran CAT3 for the phone instead of a *second* CAT5e! frown
OTOH, if I need a second network drop at any given location, I can
install a PoE powered 2 port switch, there...]

I did not make that mistake. Each phone has either CAT5e or CAT6. So each
drop has two phone jacks.

There are two drops in my office. That means there are four phone jacks.
Each desk has a phone. That's two jacks. At one time I tried the MagicJack.
I was able to send the output down a line into the cellar and it went into
the PBX as a CO line. It then appeared on all the phones. But it was crap.

There are three WiFi AP's tucked away around the house (typically
attached to Jboxes mounted in the ceiling of closets -- with PoE,
no need to worry about access to an electric outlet! : ). But,
the AP's are never used (no need to as there's wire everywhere!)

I have only one. Being on the top floor of a triplex it does not get out
into the first floor extension. And an a/c duct blocks it to the master
bedroom. I plan to move it to a closet on the floor below. It should then
cover everything.

There are no "available" network (or phone) drops in the bathroom.

All bathrooms have a phone (not a Panasonic proprietary). When alone it is
convenient to answer calls there, and to answer the door intercom (though I
can't tell which door). Some of the people at the door can be sent away.
And the UPS/mailman can be told to leave the package, and I'll come down to
get it.

I have three cameras at the front door,

No cameras. I have long thought of one aimed out the front. It would get
the areaway, the stoop and the sidewalk.