Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default Can Floetrol be added to polyurethane?

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 21:53:27 -0500, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| Can Floetrol be added to polyurethane?
|
| It would help if you said what Floetrol is !!!

It's an additive for acrylic (water base) paint
to slow the drying time, causing the brush strokes
to settle out better. It's good for things like painting
louvre doors, where the paint may start to set up
before an area is finished.

Thanks. If it's for water based paints, it wont work on polyurethane.

Many years ago, I brush painted a truck with Rustoleum (oil base) and
used some similar product but it was made for oil based paints. It
worked quite well. I think it was called Penetrol. Dont know if they
still sell it, or if it would work on poly.... The best advice, "If in
doubt, call the manufacturer".