Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 125v vs. 117v revisited

On 12/31/2015 4:49 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 8:04:50 AM UTC-6, Doug Miller wrote:

And as has been pointed out by several others, the transformers are factory-wound. The
center tap isn't something that the power company can, or should, move.

I guess I was seeing things on the transformers I looked at. Heck, perhaps the design has changed? The darn things still explode every now and then. What do I know, I'm just a bearded curmudgeon sitting here in a hospital bed dressed in a T-shirt and disposable pull-ups. O_o

I should live so long. As should we all.

--
..
Christopher A. Young