Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus24995 Ignoramus24995 is offline

Default Free Equipment Removal and Russian Santa

On 2015-12-31, David Billington wrote:

I look at Iggy's pictures occasionally and find them invariably slow to
load, I had assumed it was his server but not looked at the size of the
images. My ADSL is around 5Mbps so don't find many things a problem but
it is getting worse as web designers add more "features", scripting is
getting a pain with many sites and the NoScript add on is useful for
that . When I did my website most people had dial-up so the first images
people see are a sensible size for reasonably quick loading on a dial-up
connection then if the viewer wants to see more they can click the image
and get a larger version in a new window. I'm sure Iggy could do that
easily and automate it.

For my project pages, I do use thumbnails.

In this instance, I did not feel that this story deserved a page of
its own, and posted a link to the jpeg.