Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Heavy blankets on top or on bottom in bed to keep warm?

On 12/31/2015 1:03 PM, wrote:

Why not just try *objectively* evaluating different configurations?
Of course, if one or both of you can't be objective in that
evaluation, then the "scientifically correct" answer will be
just as readily rejected -- due to "inconvenience"!

The only REAL answer there is twin beds.

I'd not be so quick to throw in the towel (or blanket, as the case
may be? : )

My wife and I had very different sleeping preferences -- she wanting
to be toasty warm, me wanting to be very cool. So, we settled on
a cool bedroom with heavy/fluffy blankets that she'd keep to her
side of the bed; I'd sleep under a bedsheet or without any covers.

Tougher problem to address was mattress/pillow firmness; I increasingly liked
harder/firmer mattresses/pillows while she liked things soft and fluffy.
Of course, over time, the bed erred in her favor due to natural "wear"...

I'm now very comfortable sleeping on the *floor*. Purchasing a new bed
(on the list for 2016) is always a hassle as no one likes beds as firm
as I do so no one MAKES beds as firm as I'd *like*! :