Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Insulate Walls or Floors?

In 09.88,
Boris typed:
"TomR" wrote in :

In ,
typed:

Heat transfer is faster where the delta T is higher. The larger the
difference in temperature, the faster the heat transfer.

I suspect that the greatest delta T is between the inside of the
crawlspace and the outside air through the uninsulated side walls of
the crawlspace; and not so much between the floor above and the floor
of the crawlspace below.

That is why I think that insulating the now-uninsulated side walls of
the crawlspace would be the best (and easiest, and least expensive)
first option. I think that is where the most significant heat loss
is located.

Yes, that's what makes the most common sense to me.

I you do decide to go ahead and do that, let us know if it seemed to work
and solve the problem.