Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How much heat is lost in a steaming hot shower anyway?

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 10:49:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/31/2015 4:43 AM, Micky wrote:

Of course the dryer is broken now and I've been drying all my laundry
on the shower bar. I've been avoiding washing towels, because
they'll drip all the way upstairs.

If they come out still dripping, you washer is not performing well.
They should be wet, but not so much as to drip after spinning.

Maybe they don't drip; I"m not sure. I thought they were just wet
when horizontal but if any part hung down, the water collected and it
dripped. (I had a hard time tightening the belt enough to make it
start spinning without my help, and I think I need a new belt. It's 36
years old too.)

I'm also afraid to hang too much weight on the shower rod, one wet
towel seems like the maximum.

I usually take a bath every day, and when I'm thinking about it, the
amount of now-warm water going down the drain bothers me.

As paintedcow says, leave the water until it is cooled to extract the
heat. Good idea.

Okay.