Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Metalized paint

On 12/31/2015 2:04 AM, gregz wrote:

Someone standing *at* one of my windows trying to sniff signal
is going to be pretty obvious! OTOH, someone sitting in a
neighboring home can (without shielding) sniff without worry!

Solar metalized panes reflect RF to a degree. It's the outer edge yo have
to worry about.

Yes, low-e glass. But, I suspect this won't prove to be a problem
mainly due to sight-lines, etc.

We, for example, have no glass on the south side of the house
so neighbors there have no "opportunities". The north side has
two small windows, both of which are covered 24/7/365 with
window treatments. The east and west exposures have neighbors
farther away.

Anyone standing/parked close enough to the house (war-driving)
would be easily noticed and have very limited opportunity to
*do* anything or *snoop* anything before becoming conspicuous.