Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 125v vs. 117v revisited

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 8:30:05 PM UTC-6, bob_villain wrote:
On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 8:04:45 PM UTC-6, wrote:

My saying an undersized fead and inballanced load could cause it would
only be because the neutral was overloaded by the inballance. With a
properly balanced load the neutral carries NO current.

I think you have a hybrid word "imbalance" and "unbalance"? (or I'm not competent in Canadienese) (à²*_ృ)

I think I'd be able to track the problem down quickly if I came across something like it here and was in operating condition. It's frustrates the heck out of me to have to tell friends and old customers that I can hardly get out of bed and can't come to their aid. The widow of my late friend GB called me the other day because of a problem with a porch light. It's hard to remotely diagnose an electrical problem when it's something unusual. I hope the OP gets it repaired and can let everyone know what caused the problem. Inquiring minds want to know. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Unbalanced Monster