Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default 125v vs. 117v revisited

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 3:16:02 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 7:29:32 AM UTC-6, Doug Miller wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote in
:

The transformer on the pole may have a tap that you power
company could move to change the voltage on one leg.

No, it probably doesn't. And the problem isn't what's coming from the power company anyway.
The problem is that his neutral connection is bad.

I believe I mentioned in a previous post that the neutral connection in
the meter base could be a problem if it's loose.

I believe from the tests he performed the problem was isolated to be
between the subpanel and the main panel, not between the main panel
and the utility. He had normal voltages at the main panel.