Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Chain saw gas

On 12/29/2015 3:12 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 19:58:30 -0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Actually Shell advertizes Nitrogen, V-power Nitro+ Premium, for better
cleaning only in the Premium.

But typically most all better brand fuels have similar additives in
all grades.

I'm inclined to think that "nitrogen enriched" stuff is all
just marketting blather.

If you want my opinion, the best gasoline additive is Chevron's
Techron. But I don't think there's much difference between
any of the top brands.

Techron is good, but the "nitrogen enriched" is a LITTLE more than
advertizing blather. There is a big difference between run-of-the
-mill gasoline and third tier.

This is true but to be clear Tier 1 is not strictly the premium fuel,
rather the brand. Exxon has always had detergents and additives but
only relatively recently has qualified as a Tier 1 provider.

The Top Tier standards must apply to all grades of gasoline that a
company sells, whether it is economy (low-octane) or premium
(high-octane).[2] However, premium gasolines may contain even higher
levels of detergent additives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Ti...rgent_Gasoline