Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Chain saw gas

On 12/29/2015 1:58 PM, John McCoy wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Actually Shell advertizes Nitrogen, V-power Nitro+ Premium, for better
cleaning only in the Premium.

But typically most all better brand fuels have similar additives in
all grades.

I'm inclined to think that "nitrogen enriched" stuff is all
just marketting blather.

That very well may be however it is only in the Premium grade Shell
gasoline. Even their web site indicates this.

If you want my opinion, the best gasoline additive is Chevron's
Techron. But I don't think there's much difference between
any of the top brands.

Techron is not bad at all. I was selling Techron before it was added to
gasoline. I learned about Techron through General Motors, they were
selling it as a fuel additive to combat the injector contamination
issues that they were having in the 80's. And it worked well. It came
in a 16 or 32 oz bottle IIRC. It was only later on that Chevron began
marketing it with their gasoline in Texas.

Well if it was advertized alcohol free they would certainly catch a
bunch of flack from the tree huggers.

Down here their pumps only claim "May" have up to 10% alcohol.

Same here - I think that's a legal requirement, and is the
same wording everywhere in the US.

Absolutely a requirement when they don't know which fuel you are going
to choose. It is a blanket statement that covers all the bases.
Mid grade is blended at the station pump.

Next time I'm in Texas I'll have to look at the pumps and see
if the premium is marked different (last time I got gas in TX
was at the Buck-ees north of Houston on US290, and I was so
overwhelmed at the size of it - must have been 100 pumps - I
didn't pay attention to that sort of detail).

John