Posted to uk.d-i-y
Turnip Watch Turnip Watch is offline

Default What does XR mean?

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
I've noticed of late that a lot of cordless drills and impact drivers have XR as part
of their description but I can't find a definition of what it means.

X - extra, extreme, expensive

R - robust, reliable, rubbish

the list is potentially endless depending presumably on the
size of the tongues and cheeks of the respective marketing
departments.

Does it mean anything significant, or is it just a bit like GT tagged onto the end of a
car model name?

A Gran Tourissimo presumably has a boot big enough to
carry enough suitcases for a two week trip on the
Riviera. Quite how it shapes up in mootorway traffic
jams is maybe another matter.

michael adams