Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default 125v vs. 117v revisited

IGot2P wrote in news:1c56e$5680c962$adba3119$30641
@ALLTEL.NET:

Took some time this evening and checked the voltage on several outlets
in my shop and to my surprise I found several at 117v and several at
125v. Then I noticed that the difference voltages were on different
circuits. Then taking a look at the breaker box I noticed that each 125v
would be directly across from another 125v breaker and the same for the
117v circuits.

Which only confirms what you were told a week ago by clare, gfretwell, trader, and I'm not sure
how many other people: you have a bad neutral connection.

Since you don't seem to understand how this works, or the level of danger involved, I
recommend you hire a qualified electrician to find and fix the problem ASAP before your
house burns down.