Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Dawes Alan Dawes is offline

Default What does XR mean?

In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
I've noticed of late that a lot of cordless drills and impact drivers
have XR as part of their description but I can't find a definition of
what it means. Does it mean anything significant, or is it just a bit
like GT tagged onto the end of a car model name?

I thought it was just PR hype by Dewalt for their newer XR Lithium ion
batteries as compared with their older batteries. According to

http://toolguyd.com/dewalt-20v-brush...-hammer-drill/

"20 V Max XR has been a source of some confusion for USA users, who have
been asking if Dewalt‘s XR lithium ion batteries provide any improvements
in performance, as with Milwaukee‘s RedLithium and XC battery packs.
According to an answer by Dewalt on their Facebook page, the XR battery
packs only provide added runtime, not added performance, compared to
Dewalt‘s lower capacity non-XR batteries."

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6