Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default New Furnace Electrical Noise Problem

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 03:44:01 +0000, KHE
wrote:

replying to MLD , KHE wrote:
MLD wrote:

Have a new High Efficiency Trane Gas Furnace. Every time it fires up the
picture on a TV set (rabbit ears antenna) on the floor right above it goes
haywire. The picture becomes almost unwatchable because of all the noise
streaks and snow in it. The source of the problem is the Vent Blower
(Inducer motor)--the electrical noise is only present when it runs.
So far, following Trane's service Tech instructions, the HVAC Co techs have
done the following:
1. Checked to make sure that there is a good ground between the furnace and
the earth ground.
2. Replace the wiring harness to the vent blower with a shielded
harness--Trane may call it a shielded harness but the shielding ends about

6
inches from the motor. So there is 6 inches of unshielded wiring which to

me
is like not having any shielding at all.
3. Replaced the control board.
Why they haven't suggested replacing the Vent Blower is a mystery to me.
However, while there has been quite a bit of improvement the TV noise
problem still exists. Now waiting on the results of a discussion between
HVAC Co.and Trane.
I've been told that I'm not the only one that has experienced this problem.
Has anyone else seen something like this?
MLD

I have a similar problem with my Ham Radio. When the ignitor kicks on it
creates a great deal of radio frequency interference on all bands of my
radio. KHE

Thanks for sharing.