red

Default Rear projection TV repair?

Wow!1 Be happy you got 12 years. That is not a bad lifetime for an older
model. Try getting a DLP rear projection. Or better yet, go with front
projectioin LCd or DLP

"Owlman" wrote in message
Is anyone familiar with rear projection TVs and their repair? My
Pioneer 52" TV has large blue and yellow "ghosts" to the right of
objects on the screen. These aren't just little ghosts, but appear
quite a distance from the object.

Is this symptomatic of the blue/yellow gun being significantly out of
convergence? I checked the convergence control and the colors
appeared to be pretty well converged, but the way the consistency of
the blue and yellow ghosts have me hoping this can be repaired. I'm
just not ready to put any more money into this 12-yr old set. If it's
too expensive to repair, I'll probably apply the money toward an HDTV
set, but as much as the cost of these sets have come down, they still
have a long ways to go in both cost and technology before I'd prefer
to invest in them.

I appreciate any comments you may have.

Thanx