Old December 29th 15, 09:19 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Baffled by cordless tool problem

On 12/29/2015 7:46 AM, John-Del wrote:

If you can't find the receipt, reflow the board (including the chip). I've seen a lot of reflow repairs where flexing or thermal cycling is inconclusive. Make sure you don't miss the crystal/resonator. Thoroughly clean the board afterwards as some unseen residues can wreak havoc with processor ICs.

Thanks. I'll definitely try that if I can't get it fixed under warranty.

Bob