Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Chain saw gas

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 08:00:03 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 21:33:02 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

The day of the gasoline consumer saw is likely coming close to an
end with new electric saw technology advancing very quickly.

Doubt that greatly! There's no viable electric alternative out
there today, or even on the horizon, even for the consumer - unless
you're talking about sawing up a 1" branch two or three times a year.

I took down a complete cherry tree except for the bottom 4 feet of
trunk with a 10 inch electric on a pole. Line powered - not battery -
in less ths 3 hours. The tree was higher than my 2 story house. I
used the electric pole saw because there was no way I was taking the
remington up into the tree. I limbed it from a 12 foot stepladder with
the pole saw completely extended.

I don't doubt that, but it's more of a one-off story. You couldn't use that
saw routinely like you use your Remington.

No, but some of the new 40 volt lithium ion saws will do anything my
old Partner will do except gas me out and burn my finger if I get my
hand too close to the muffler. The remington has a bit more "cajones"
than the big partner.