Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Chain saw gas

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 19:58:30 -0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
m:

Actually Shell advertizes Nitrogen, V-power Nitro+ Premium, for better
cleaning only in the Premium.

But typically most all better brand fuels have similar additives in
all grades.

I'm inclined to think that "nitrogen enriched" stuff is all
just marketting blather.

If you want my opinion, the best gasoline additive is Chevron's
Techron. But I don't think there's much difference between
any of the top brands.

Techron is good, but the "nitrogen enriched" is a LITTLE more than
advertizing blather. There is a big difference between run-of-the
-mill gasoline and third tier.

Well if it was advertized alcohol free they would certainly catch a
bunch of flack from the tree huggers.

Down here their pumps only claim "May" have up to 10% alcohol.

Same here - I think that's a legal requirement, and is the
same wording everywhere in the US.

Next time I'm in Texas I'll have to look at the pumps and see
if the premium is marked different (last time I got gas in TX
was at the Buck-ees north of Houston on US290, and I was so
overwhelmed at the size of it - must have been 100 pumps - I
didn't pay attention to that sort of detail).

John