Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Why do mice chew wires?

On 12/29/2015 11:18 AM, wrote:
Don Y:

That doesn't mean lead is not present in
at least some vehicle plastics, as you
seem to be insinuating.

Please reread my comment, AGAIN. Does it say "there is
no lead in these plastics"?

Again:
I suspect it's role in wire insulation is as a softener
and that it APPEARS THERE IN GREATER CONCENTRATIONS.
NOWHERE IN THE ABOVE do I say "it appears there, but NOT in
plastics!"

sigh... (WHY do I attract all the refuters,
negators, and people who just LOVE
to argue???)

Perhaps because you aren't very careful READING the comments
to which you are replying?

Now, go back and reassess your initial comment, here.
Then, come back with PROOF that I've "insinuated" the
absence of lead from plastics -- IN ANY OF THE COMMENTS
I'VE MADE IN THIS THREAD!

When you've realized that this has NOT been the case,
you can go back to take 1st grade remedial reading...