Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Chain saw gas

In article ,
says...

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message ...

wrote:

The day of the gasoline consumer saw is likely coming close to an end
with new electric saw technology advancing very quickly.

Doubt that greatly! There's no viable electric alternative out there
today, or even on the horizon, even for the consumer - unless you're
talking about sawing up a 1" branch two or three times a year.

Things have evolved quite a bit... Stihl has some electric saws that would
serve a homeowner well... and one that is marketed to professionals that
draws 15 amps. I've seen electric Sithl saws used indoors along with
electric powered bandsaw mills.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/cha...r-saws/mse170/
http://www.stihlusa.com/products/cha...aws/mse210cbq/
http://www.stihlusa.com/products/cha...saws/mse250cq/

They've got a battery powered saw too which would probably serve a
homeowner's occasional needs (not useful to me though!).

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/cha...aws/msa160cbq/

My plug-in from Sears handls considerably more than "a 1 inch branch".